AuroGold is made up of yellow PMMA material and has 360° square edge. It is proven that next to UV-A blocking and violet light filtering chromophore that is in the human crystalline lens. This break through material provides the exact chromophore the human retina has already specified for light protection through millions of years of evolution. Thus the yellow lens partially filters the blue light from reaching the retina and thereby prevents damage to the retina.
Conventional Lens Design
Truedge Lens Design
- Excellent biocompatible material.
- UV blocking yellow PMMA.
- Excess of light exposure between the range of 400 -500 nm can damage the retina which can be prevented by filtering the light of that particular wavelength.
- It is introduced to reduce the problem of PCO and retinal damage.
- Truedge 360° Square Edge acts as a mechanical barrier for cell proliferation.
- Cell proliferation occurs maximum at the Optic-Haptic junction, Truedge has 360° square edge including the Haptic – Optic junction which is very difficult to achieve.
|Optic Design||Equiconvex optic|
|Haptics Design||Modified 'C' loop|
|Edge||360° Posterior Square edge|
|Angulation||Zero Degree Angulation|
|Diopter Range||10.0 D to 30.0 D|
15.0 D to 25.0 D in 0.5 D steps
|Lens Material||UV & Blue light absorbing Yellow PMMA|